Monday, December 31, 2018

it's a small world





I have always had a fascination for Disney, but I could never get myself to start on a project. Finally I had the urge to begin a project. I chose to build the it's a small world attraction for its relative simplicity and iconic design. I started by printing out some templates I found online to the relative scale I wanted (HO Scale). I then used these to map out the layout of the board. Next I glued down a piece of foam core board cut to the dimensions of the board. Using a hot wire foam cutter, I shaped the canal and hill that the facade sits on. The model was then covered into paper mâché to even the slopes out sand give it a clean look.


Once dried, everything was painted, and ground foam was added.  At this stage I began designing the facade structure in Pages, using relatively simple shapes. In retrospect, I wish I would've used something like a laser cutter or 3d printer to get more accurate shapes and more shapes that actually pop, instead of just designing it all in Pages to give the effect that it pops.












No comments:

Post a Comment